Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We loved the zoo.

We loved this zoo. It is the best zoo I have ever been to. (FYI...I have only been to the Hogle Zoo and San Francisco Zoo before. So I can't compare it to the San Diego Zoo. That zoo seems to be everyones favorite.) Most of the zoo is inside which makes it very convenient for us since it is bitter cold here! We decided to go on Saturday so we could do something really fun before Ty had to leave. We spent hours at the zoo and we only made it through 4 of the exhibits. My favorite thing there was the gorillas. They had this baby gorilla that wanted to bother all the other gorillas while they were sleeping it was so funny. He was so cute. Landens favorite was the Tigers. He is going through a tiger stage and thinks they are pretty cool. His other favorite thing was the desert dome. He keeps talking about the cactus' there. They have this huge dome that is the same climate you would find in the desert it is amazing you have to see it to believe it. Underneath the desert dome they have another exhibit called Kingdoms of the Night. They have all the nocturnal animals. So you actually get to see them when they are active. They have a building with an aquarium that has a glass tunnel you can walk through. It was really cool also. Landen was funny he thought it was the wave tunnel like Monterey Bays aquarium. So he sat on the ledge and kept saying the wave is going to get us. He was a little disappointed that there was no wave. We also went to the Jungle. It was 20 times better then the Jungle at the Hogle Zoo. It had a cool wooden bridge you would walk across that was behind a water fall. They have a wide variety of Jungle animals that I had never seen or known that they even existed. To say the least we had a blast there!! And of course we had to have snow ball fight at the zoo! We had a lot of fun and I highly recommend this zoo to everyone!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys always do such fun things as a family. I love it! That zoo sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been to the zoo in a long time, but that sounds like a good one to visit!

Sherri said...

I love your website. The pictures are so cute. I love the zoo and just to let you know the San Diego Zoo isn't all that great. All the animals were asleep or barely moving and the exhibits were really far apart. Someday I'll have to check it out. Christian talks about you guys all the time. We miss you guys tons!

Tammy said...

Thanks for the post. I have been watching for you to post every day since Christmas. It was great to see the pictures of the boys. Porter is getting so big so fast. I am glad that you had fun at the zoo as a family. HOw far is it from home? Where is Ty going to? It has been awhile since we have heard from you. I love and miss you guys ton. Let me know what stores you have by you that we have here so that I can get you a gift certificate to someplace for your upcoming birthday? Has Jake and Linsey signed up for the blog spot yet? Has Ben left to go to active duty yet? Just wondering. Take care and tell the boys hi. Mom, dad, Cristy and Dave leave for their cruise next Friday.
Love all of you
Tammy

Tera said...

Holler next time you are going for a visit. We are long over due and LOVE IT also. We are so glad you guys are here. We love you already, thanks for everything you do for us. We owe you. Send Landen over anytime we miss him...

Holly said...

fyi...it's the fifth 'best' zoo in the nation, which is why it rocks!
just thought you might like to know! we love it too and I am so proud of you that you went when it was FREEZING cold out...I'm just a chicken I guess.

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I have only been to the Hogle Zoo also, but my sister-in-law that lives in Omaha says that this zoo makes Hogle look ghetto! What a fun place for kids! :)

Bethany said...

Man, Kaeson would be so jealous. I hope we move some place with a cool zoo.