Monday, December 1, 2008

Hunting, Volcanoes, & Gingerbread houses!


Saturday Ty took Landen out "hunting". Ty really just wanted to scope out an area and shoot his bow at a target. Landen was so excited to go with him. He came home and said he had a lot of fun sitting in the trunk and watching dad. He also told me he got a chance to shoot the bow. I think we have another hunter on our hands! Porter was a little upset he didn't get to go, but I cured him of that and bored him to sleep shopping.

This afternoon the boys worked on making a volcano. Landen and Porter painted the volcano. After the paint dried Ty and Landen made it explode. They had a lot of fun doing it.



Tonight for family night we built our own gingerbread house. Last week for family night we went to the gingerbread festival at the Mormon Trail Center. They have all these amazing gingerbread houses that people have been working on for months. If we go again I'll take some pictures. If you are in Omaha this is definitely something worth seeing. Anyways, so we went the festival to get some ideas and this week we put our ideas together and came up with this. They boys had so much fun putting all the candy on it. This is something we will definitely do next year. Maybe in a few years we'll be brave enough to put our gingerbread house in the festival.

5 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

The gingerbread houses are so cute, I bet your boys had a ton of fun making them! I am so glad you get to come back to Utah too!

Lindsay said...

How much fun is that!! How do you find all these cute projects for your kids to do? I would like to know so that Kate can have something to do. You are such a good mom.

Maghann said...

Brin - your family is so cute. Those boys are so cute, and i just love Porter's little round face. I love hearing about the things you do. Miss you!

Tera said...

I want to come play next time!! You really put some of us other mothers to shame. But I am so going to steal your idea for FHE this week. I need all the help I can get. Still very pregnant, still very uncomfortable, and still missing you all!! Keep the posts coming we love them!

Candis said...

That's hillarious! Landen was talking about the valcano in class on Sun. I truly thought he was making it up though!
Hey, e-mail me your info at brianandcandis@hotmail.com and I'll add you to our blog. I have some fun pictures up of the boys and the princess cake!