Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pottery Barn isn't getting my money!!

So I was looking at Pottery Barns website trying to find some things for Halloween. Well I saw a witches broom they had, but it was $99. CRAZY!!! I kept going back to it and thought I could make that so easily....So I did. I tried downloading theirs, but I don't know how to us an apple computer so you only get my pics. You can check out theirs if you'd like. All I did was cut a stick and about 12 twigs. I left some leaves on to give it more character and I spray painted the stick and twigs with black gloss (It took 2 cans to make it all cover really well). I then hot glued and wired the twigs around the stick. They had used something that looked like rope to cover the twigs around the top, but the only rope I have was white and just turned gray so I went to Michaels and bought some Halloween Ribbon. I liked that it added some color. So there you have it simple, easy, and cheap:)


My kids ask me if it really is magic and can fly. I told them I fly on it at night because I really am a witch:) Landen then asked me why I drink water if I am a witch because water should make me melt:) What a smarty!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is SOOOO cute! And it sounds so simple to make. Those are my favorite kinds of projects.

Tera said...

i love love love all the new posts, pictures, news and more! It is wonderful to see all the fun your beautiful family is having! Your family photos are amazing! I am so excited to hear what flavor you get next! Thank you for coming and saying hello! Come anytime, we'd love to have you!!

Becky said...

that is super cute! I'm impressed!