Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Morning

This Christmas morning was a little different. Instead of waking up and getting right to the presents we woke up and got ready and headed to Church. We were so lucky this year to have my parents, younger Sister Brigette, younger Brother Braxton, Older Sister Bree Anne, her husband Steve and their little guy Ammon, all at our house this year for Christmas.
We had decided before Peyton came to bless the baby here in Nebraska instead of going to Utah because we don't plan on going back until maybe the Summer and we didn't want to wait that long. So we were able to bless Peyton on Christmas. It was a great way to start Christmas morning. Here are some pictures of Peyton in her blessing dress and the rest of the kiddos dressed in their Sunday best for Church.
Peyton Anne Loveless:) So as many of you already know we didn't find out what we were having. We wanted to be surprised, but we also needed to have a blessing outfit. When I was around 32 weeks I had my doctor do an ultra sound and write down what the baby was. I brought an addressed envelop and she sent an ultrasound picture with the sex of the baby written on it to my dad. He did such an awesome job keeping it a secret from everyone. He said it was pretty tricky because he always had to watch what he said.
My parents went to White Elegance in Utah and they picked out a boy blessing outfit and girl one. Then my dad came back another day all by himself and bought the girl dress. My mom didn't want to know what it was because she was afraid she would slip and tell me.
We were so grateful that they did all of this for us just so we could still be surprised:)


I decided to see if I was crafty and made this headband to go with her dress. The pearl in the middle is a real pearl from a necklace that a child whose name we will not mention decided to see if it could fit through a hole on their bed. The necklace ended up getting stuck and so of course they tugged and tugged until the necklace broke:) Peyton's dress has little pearls on it so it looked really cute to have a pearl on her headband. I just twisted to piece of ribbon together and hot glued it on a piece of felt. It was really easy and I loved the way it looked.
Grandma and Grandpa Barker with Peyton
Me and Ty with Peyton
The kiddos looking so cute in their new Christmas Outfits
Grandpa Barker and Peyton getting ready to head to Church
Ammon looking super excited to be getting his picture taken again:)
Paisley wondering why she doesn't get to open her presents yet:)

Yes another picture:)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

She looks so cute! I'm sad I missed the blessing, but I love the dress and the headband!

Crowntown said...

Your family keeps getting more and moer beautiful! I love Peyton's dress and headband. She is so precious! I'm glad you're family is doing well!

Jessie said...

Okay that picture of your FIVE kids is amazing :) You are mom of the year for sure! They are all beautiful, and I am sure they are the most well-behaved too! Congrats again. Call me when your in Utah, we have got to meet up!

Jessie said...

So FUN that your fam could be there for Christmas!

Maghann said...

Love your awesome headband! It's so awesome you got to have your family there and your dad is super cute for doing all that!