Monday, June 4, 2012

Take me out to the ball game....

Yep its that time again BASEBALL season...when 3 nights out of 7 are devoted to baseball:) Land and Port were really excited to be playing this year. This is Porter's first year and Landen's third.  Ty is coaching Landen's team again this year, but he never misses an opportunity to help Porter's. Hope you enjoy ALL the pics!!!
Dad:"Okay son you see him he's going to hit the ball and you are going to run"
Port: "Run....really you want me to run? Well were will I run to?"
Dad: "Just run that way"
Port: "So I am going to run and you are going to stay right here"
Port "Hmmm this doesn't seem fare, but I guess I will run"
Port: "Run run run run run...I've got to run...run fast run fast come on legs I've to to run fast"
So the coach would have them line up all nice before the other team would hit the ball...but as soon as the ball was hit this would happen...

It was every kid for themselves out there. It was pretty funny to watch, but hopefully after they have practiced a little it won't be so crazy:)
Landen played first base the first inning and got 2 outs. He has been working really hard at catching the ball. He was really excited when the ball was thrown to him and he caught it for the out:)
Getting some warm-up swings in
























The pitcher was super cute!
Landen got a great base hit!
After the boys games were over Hattie was sad that it wasn't her turn for her game.  No worries we solved this problem with letting her hit the ball a couple of times and Ty chasing her around the bases with the ball trying to tag her.

2 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

Love it! Reminds me of your dad coaching our softball team when we were little :)

janabigelow said...

Look at how big everyone is!!! So missing those cute faces! Maybe someday I will get to see you again!