Friday, February 13, 2009

Our First 24 hours

Our first 24 hours with Ty being gone has looked a little bit like this...
Hattie woke up with a rash all over her legs and arms. During the course of the day it spread to her face. I made a Dr. appt for her, but due to the pictures below it got cancelled. I did call a nurse and I think we are going to be just fine.




So this is the reason the doctor appointment got cancelled. It snowed all day long. We have about 9" of snow at our house just from today. Its crazy that it can go from being so nice outside to snowing once again.

This picture is from our back door which has a step down to get to the patio. We are going to have some fun playing in it tomorrow!

Thanks to some kind neighbor I didn't have to shovel my driveway. The Brooks Family (by the way thanks so much for dinner! It was so nice to not have to cook today and thanks Panter family for our dinner that is in our freezer waiting for us!) had called and told me they wanted to do it for us in the morning, but some random neighbor beat them to it. I am so grateful for wonderful friends and neighbors who are making sure we are being taken care of.



This afternoon when I went to take the picture of the house, we had a package on our front step from our Secret Valentine. They had brought a bird house to paint and a box of chocolates. Since it snowed all day the boys were antsy to do something so we headed to the garage to paint the bird house and boy did they have a lot of fun.

Hattie was supervising the painting.



We also made our Valentine cookies. Its become a tradition at our house. Pictures of the final project will come another day, but we sure did have a lot of fun making them.
The best part of the whole day we couldn't take a pictue of, but that part was talking to our Dad on the phone! He made it there safe and sound and pretty sleepy from the long flight. It was so much fun to be able to talk to him! We love him so much and we hope he is enjoying the nice warm weather there. In fact send a little bit of it our way!

4 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

Oh no, I hope her rash is going to go away! You are such a trooper Brindee. That is a ton of snow! Glad to hear that your neighbors plowed you out, that is great. I hope you know we appreciate what Ty is doing for our country and your sacrifice too!

Tammy said...

Brindee, Ty, And Family,
I am proud of what Ty is doing for the country. I love him and am sad that he had to leave you. I know you will do ok while he is gone. I hope the kids get feeling better. Especially Hatties rash. It looks like you are having lots of fun with the kids. Eat a cookie for me. Happy Valentines Day. I miss all of you and hope that you can visit us soon. I hope we can go fishing or hunting together sometime soon. Kisses and hugs. Call us if you just need to talk.
Love, Braxton and Tammy

Tammy said...

Oh yah buy the way it is snowing here today. Howefer we hope we do not get as much as you did.

Tera said...

WOW!! You guys are having way too mcuh fun!! I hope you are surviving. We are only a phone call away if you need anything. I still have some long arms and could help out!! We sure miss you all. I hope Hattie is doing better. Give your boys a hug from the Rocknaks! Happy Valentines, will you be my mom?? You are the best!