Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Cabin



We were finally able to go spend a weekend up at our cabin in the Uintah Mountains. We got there Friday afternoon and it was HOT so we took a walk down to the creek so we could cool down. The pictures above are us walking down to the creek with our walking sticks in hand. Landen found a really big mushroom. We tried to get him to take a bite of it, but he wouldn't. (Good thing because I don't know what we would have done if he had. I'm pretty sure your not supposed to eat wild mushrooms.)

Me and my little Brother deciding who was going in first. I went and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. In fact it felt really good because it was so darn hot!

Landen and Porter decided they wanted in on some of the action. So off there clothes went and into the water they went. They had a lot of fun splashing and throwing rocks.
Braxton decided he need to prove himself and went all the way under. It was HOT outside, but not HOT enough for me to even consider this.
Hattie really wanted into the water, but every time I put her foot in she would pull them up so they wouldn't touch. Landen was just getting ready to go back in and go under the bridge.

Friday night we loaded up into the Jeep and went looking for critters. We say lots of deer and...

this moose. She had her calf with her, but it ran. We were almost to the top of the moutain when this happened.

Yep flat tire. We were driving along up the mountain and all the sudden we heard well air coming out of the tire. When we pulled over and got out there were mosquitos everywhere they were swarming us. Thankfully my dad was there to fix it all up and we made it all the way back home with the spare. (In fact the spare is still on I haven't had a moment to go and get the other fixed and changed. Maybe tomorrow:)
Porter, Braxton and Landen laying in the back of the Jeep watching Bolt as we were driving back down the mountain.

Hattie with MY S'more. I must love her to give up my smore I love these things!
Brigette and Hattie on the porch of the cabin. I thought I had got a picture of the whole front, but guess not. I guess we will have to go back and get that picture.
Saturday we got up bright and early so we could hurry and eat breakfast and clean our stuff up before the rest of the family came up. It was clean up day at the cabin. We were able to see Aunt's and Uncle's and cousins we hadn't seen in years. It was so fun to see everyone and to see how much the kiddos had grown. We had lots of work to do. Most of the pinetrees have got beatles in them that are killing them so we had to cut a lot of trees down and then chop them up. Here are before and after pictures at the bottom of the lot. (Don't you love the trailer! This was the orignal "cabin" about 40 years ago. They built the cabin at the top of the hill a few years late
Before
After
Landen doing his part to clean up the cabin grounds. He was a great helper!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh, I miss the cabin so much! Wish I could have been there with all of you guys.

Missy said...

Ha ha, way to go Brindee, start those kids workin' young! Landen will be chopping down trees in no time!