Saturday, August 1, 2009

For my Kids!

Ok this is my first post in the history of anything and I do not know what I am doing. My wife says it is easy so I hope I get it right otherwise she will have proof that she is smarter than I am. When I left for my first deployment Landen told me "Dad, I want you to bring me a picture of a volcano and a camel". Even though you think there would be camels and volcanoes all over the Middle East I have yet to see a volcano and I have not gotten close to a camel. No Dad wants to disappoint his kid so I have found some alternatives.
This is clearly not a camel but have you ever seen a cuter burro? I don't think you have, so enjoy this one. I was a little tentative to ask the owner if I could take a picture of him but as soon as I did, literally, twenty people surrounded him to take pictures of his donkey. That is one good looking donkey.


And in the same spirit this is not a volcano but, they are the two coolest racecars any dad has bought for his kids, right? Unfortunately, they are Ferraris and this Dad apparently can not even afford a miniature Ferrari. Who would have ever guessed that they would have go-carts that cost as much as a real full sized nice car. Oh well, I got them a picture.


No comments: