Friday, August 28, 2009

Our Big Week!


We had a big week last week full of all sorts of excitment. Ty found out he made Staff Sergeant. Yeah for promotions. Gotta love a smarty for a husband:)

Ty also finished his BS degree in World Securtiy and Strategic Studies from Bellevue University and we will hopefully be recieving the actual diploma here shortly. He has worked REALLY hard for the past 4 years on completing this. He has done his degree while working full time and being an awesome husband and dad. He has stayed up many nights really late doing homework because he didn't want to do it with the kids awake, he just wanted to play with them!! Since transferring to Bellevue he has remained on the deans list and is graduating with an amazing GPA. Once again we are so lucky to have such a wonderful and dedicated guy in our life!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Since Ty has finished his degree I've decided that it is time to finsih something that I started 6 years ago and that is my associates degree from Snow College. I never had any intentions on finishing it, I was just going to start over after all the kids were in school and to be honest probably graduated, but things kindof fell in place to where I knew it was something I needed to do now. So I am taking baby steps and doing only one class at a time. (Remember its been 6 years and I have 3 kiddos) So it will be a slow process, but I should be done by the end of next summer. Yes it would have been much easier to have been more focused while I was at Snow 6 years ago and no kids, but lets be honest Ty was just to cute to want to do anything else, but hang out with him. So now that I have him I can focus a little more on school:)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Congrats Ty!!!! That is so exciting!! He is a smarty pants. Both our guys know how to go out and get what they want!!!