Sunday, August 16, 2009

Up Up and away


Friday morning I woke the kids up bright and EARLY to head to Eden for the Balloon Festivle. I have never been to it before, but I LOVED it and I would wake the kids up early again to go do it again. Me and Porter braved the cold weather to watch them inflate the balloons. He wouldn't look at the camera because there was to much excitment going on behind us.

We decided to head into the action and watch them inflate the balloons. It was so much fun to be so close to what they were doing. Well what are we looking at you ask?

We were watching this. We were standing right next to this balloon as it was inflating. It was so nice and warm next to it. You could feel the heat of the flame. Hattie didn't know if she was a big fan of all the noise, but I think she liked the fact that it kept her warm.

I;ve never been this close to a hot air balloon, but these things are HUGE. This is the top of the balloon we were watching.

And they are going up...

up and away.
So this energizer bunny stole the show. I thought the balloons were huge, until this thing started blowing up. It was massive. I mean look at the size of the basket compared to the rest of the thing. The boys got a kick out of this because it was a bunny flying.

And after all the balloons were on their way so were we. This was so much fun we will definatly do it again if we are in a place that they have them. This was Braxton, me, Hattie in my arms, my dad, Porter, and Landen. My mom was hiding herself behind the camera taking all the pictures of all the fun. Thanks Mom:)

2 comments:

Candis said...

so fun! my kiddos would love that!

Shelece & Josh said...

Wow that looks awesome. We need to get together while you are here!