Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Hattie!!

Yep...Our little Hattie turned 3 today!! She started her day with our family tradition of your choice of Breakfast in bed. She chose to have french toast and she wanted to eat it in Landen's bed. (Smart girl! I don't think I would want to eat something with syrup on it in my own bed either:)
After she was finished with breakfast it was downstairs for presents. She got a "girly" scooter. This was something she really wanted. I guess she was sick of riding the buzz light year scooter.
She also got Tinkerbell slippers and...

Tinkerbell wings (really the whole Tinkerbell outfit, but she has specifically been asking for Tinkerbell wings.) This was her attempt to fly like Tinkerbell!
Hattie really wanted to go to the zoo on her Birthday so we took Landen out of school a little early and headed to the zoo.
Paisley is now walking and loves the fact that she can go where she pleases. She had a lot of fun climbing on the lion cubs.
Hattie watching the orangatans hanging upside down. Since it was Hattie Birthday she got to choose what we saw and the order we saw it in. This was her very first choice. She loves the monkeys.
I thought this picture was funny with their reflection inside the glass with the gorilla. Either inside the glass or out they would fit right in:)
Porter, Landen, and Hattie being the cute kids they are!!! I hope they always get along like this!
Landen helping Paisley walk down the Gorilla house building. The floor is slippery in their and he was so patient walking at her pace.
All our Gorillas!!!
Our next stop was the tigers and lions, but sorry no pictures, but we did get a few pictures of the next stop at the Butterfly house. Hattie used to be terrified of the Butterflies, but she has recently realized she is huge compared to them!
All the kids standing as still as they can so the butterflies would fly around them. When they would get near and almost land on them the kids would hurry and move. It was funny to watch them. Of course Paisley found the only place there was a little water she could reach and started putting her fingers in it.
What is Nebraska's State Insect you ask...Well it is the HoneyBee. The kids thought this was great to watch the honeybees come in and out of the hives.
After the Butterfly house is was a quick trip to the Aquarium. Here is Port and a friendly penguin.
I'm not quite sure what Landen was going for here, but here he is and a penguin that just dove in.
Landen and Hattie where racing the penguins back and forth. This is their favorite thing to do with the penguins so we love when the zoo isn't crowded and they can do this. I also love the fact they can go right next to the glass in the kids zone so we don't have to fight adults just so they can see the animals.
After all the racing they were ready for a quick rest in the tunnel.
Hattie pointing out the sharks.
Well after the zoo we had some pizza (Hattie's request for dinner and sorry no pictures to busy eating:) and we came home to have some cake. Hattie really wanted a monkey cake so here is what I came up with. She loved it and that was all that mattered!
Porter really wanted to blow the candles out, but no worries Landen took care of Porter. I guess I was to busy taking pictures to realize he was doing this so I thought it was pretty funny when I was looking through the pictures.
No worries Landen did finally take his hand off of his mouth after all the candles were blown out. (The other little boy is Ryder. He came over to play while his mom and dad had a date before his mom has a baby)
Paisley really enjoyed her cake!
I think the rest of them did also!

Porter caught in the act of needing just one more lick of frosting!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun day! Impressive cake! Are you for hire?!?

Coles Fam said...

Happy birthday, Hattie! I can't believe she's three!
I thought I'd answer your comment from my blog on yours. :) You are way talented with cakes (Hello? Hattie's cake?), but thank you. I hope to get better though.
And YES, it's wonderful to have only one kid with me for a few hours. (I'm not afraid to admit I'm not super woman. I'm just not!) It goes by so fast though. I'm so busy, but it is fun to have a little bit of time with just Cora, especially since when the kids are home it's so crazy. And yes, I do my shopping when the kids are at school. I seriously get so much anxiety thinking about taking all the kids with me.

Missy said...

Holy Moly! You've done a LOT of updating!! Now I'm the one that's behind! :~)

Happy birthday Hattie! Nice job on the cake!

Ashley said...

3 years old already?! Your kids are the cutest kids ever. You must be a wonderful mom to take care of all them and keep them so cute and happy. GOOD JOB!!! And you're pregnant on top of all that? What the?! I admire you Brindee! And I miss you! When are you coming around here again so we can hang out? I have no idea where I'll be in a year and I want to see you! (Maybe we'll move to your town:)